Sunday, September 13, 2020
OUR CHURCH FAMILY
There are 3 options for voting to approve the 2021 spending plan which is in the annual report and will be presented at the September 20 annual meeting.
1) individuals who receive bulletins via mail will receive paper ballots to return
2) vote by using this survey: https://forms.gle/9YsvHHnQ7puHwuLJ6
3) text or leave a voicemail at 319-541-0905, Galen Graber, church moderator
***Please make sure that your vote is in by September 20, 5 PM.***
Sunday school for children/youth/MYF will begin Sunday, September 20. A short, age appropriate class via Zoom will be offered once a month. Sunday school teachers will be in touch to provide more details about the class for your child/children/youth and to provide a Zoom link. The following class groupings will be offered:
* Early Childhood (age 3 & 4) with Pre-K * Grade 2 * MYF
* Kindergarten and Grade 1 * Grades 3/4/5
Our annual fall church business meeting will be held following the zoom service on September 20. The Annual Report was attached to your Wednesday letter. Please read it prior to the meeting.
The Bible Memory program is beginning for ages 4 thru 8th grade. Contact Margalea Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
Use of the Church Library During COVID Shutdown:
1. To Borrow Materials (via curbside pick-up): To assist in the selection, look at the What’s New in the Library and the Understanding Racism lists on the Library page of the church’s website. Another option is to specify a title or author of interest. The Central Plains listing of Shalom books can be consulted
for suggested titles. Otherwise, specifying authors or topics would be helpful for us in selecting books.
2. To Schedule a Time to Visit the Library and/or To Return Materials, submit a Request Form here or Contact Ann Valenta at 530-5549, email@example.com or Jill Miller at 541-0102, firstname.lastname@example.org (Jill works at the Library Thursday 2-5PM).
Reminder: The church building is locked and the staff are working from home.
CONFERENCE & COMMUNITY NEWS
Free counseling and assistance are provided through the COVID Recovery Iowa program. Check out what they offer and please share this with others.
From Crooked Creek Christian Camp:
From Crowded Closet:
From Hillcrest Academy:
From Mennonite Central Committee (MCC):
From Mennonite Church USA (MC USA):
From Mennonite Economic Development Association (MEDA):
From Mennonite Education Association (MEA):
From Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS):
From Pleasantview Home:
From Ten Thousand Villages, Iowa City:
Birthdays (Sept. 12 - 19)
Saturday Mike Brenneman
Monday Matthew Healy, Haley Miller, Pat Miller
Wednesday Del Miller, John Snyder
Thursday Kareem Lehman, Shirley Yoder Bell
Saturday Nate Elliott, Ezra Swartzendruber
Events for the coming week
Sunday 9:30 AM Zoom Worship: Karen Martens Zimmerly, proclaimer
Sunday 9:30 AM Zoom Worship: Terry Zimmerly, proclaimer
Archived Bulletin Announcements