Fellowship Commission Minutes
- Reviewed job descriptions
- Co-chairs: Ruth Brenneman and Sarah Gingerich
- Correspondent: Margalea Warner
- Family Life Coordinator: Emily Hooley
- Greeter Coordinator: Bonnie Gingerich
- Funeral Coordinator: Cheryne Yoder
- Church Photographer:
- Food Committee Team A: John Yutzy, Linda Yutzy, Kari Clark, Barb Freyenberger
- Food Committee Team B: Chad Showalter, Sarah Showalter, Mary Christy, Arnold Christy
- Planned Events for the Year
- Fundraiser Meal for Mendoza Family – Today! (Team B)
- Football Tailgate – November 5 (Team A)
- Thanksgiving Potluck with food drive – November 20 (Team B)
- Children’s Christmas Program (Sip N Chat) – December 11
- Christmas Breakfast/Christmas Eve Cookies? – December 18 (Team A)
- Coffeehouse – January (Team B)
- Fat Tuesday Pancake Dinner – February 28 (Team A)
- Guest Host Dinner- March?
- Maundy Thursday Soup Supper – April 13 (Team B) (tentative)
- Easter Breakfast – April 16 (Team A)
- Grad Sunday – May 21 (Team B)
- All church Picnic – June 11 (Team A)
- Newcomers Potluck – August 27 (Team B)
- Other events/Discussion
- Discussion of showers and how they are currently being planned at FMC. Gathered possible recommendations for how to keep them simple and prevent the planners from getting spread too thin—budget, recommended format, use of décor already owned by church, etc
- Funerals—affirmed the job Cheryne is doing; using a funeral coordinator has been a huge help to the committee
- Discussion re: coffee making system and ways it could be upgraded.
- Continue to host a variety of events so that while not every member will want to come to every event, we hope everyone will come to some events.
- Continue to provide continuity, foster community, and encourage connection through a time of transitional leadership.
- Keep events simple. While planning and participating in church events, and supporting each other through major life events is of primary importance in keeping people connected to the church, it is imperative that members do not get burned out trying to outdo themselves. It is, therefore, important to keep large events simple, delegate tasks, and encourage participation of others outside the committee when needed.